Rei'schu Ambassadorial Mission

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Traveler263

Rei'schu Ambassadorial Mission

Post by Traveler263 »

After a brief visit this morning, I've confirmed the pollen season in Rei'schu is winding down and will be mostly over within the next couple of weeks- a month at most- and we should begin preparations for the negotiations and such.

I'll make a more formal announcement at this month's Town Hall, but for now the TLDR is:

I'll be gathering volunteers over the next couple of weeks, and holding a meeting before we even think of heading to the age- this may be on Discord, or in Cavern, depending on people's availability- just to get everyone settled in and adjusted to figure out what the community's goals are with regards to this negotiation situation. Then, once we've confirmed pollen season is cleared, we'll suit up, and make a trip to Rei'schu to start formal negotiations with key village leaders and the high ranking priestesses. We'll pen this initially for a single visit, and if things go well, we'll do further trips down the line, depending on people's availability.

This is it, folks. Y'all voted for diplomacy... let's not screw it up.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Carl Palmner

Re: Rei'schu Ambassadorial Mission

Post by Carl Palmner »

I've already told you I'd like to go, but I wanted to make it official here.

For the record, I still think this is a BAD idea. Rei'schu is not safe. That was my conclusion last time I went there, and that's why I want to be a part of the team. There needs to be someone cautious in the group.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

As I said at the town hall, I'm aiming to get the contact info of those interested in joining this ambassadorial mission- whether they have Discord or not as one such factor- so that I can see whose schedules are best in alignment with holding such a mission of this magnitude.

Please post here if you're interested. (and thanks, Carl.)
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

If this had been a month ago, I would have gone with you.

BUT...

My schedule has drastically changed. I cannot go to Rei'schu.

PS ask them if they've heard of Benavud
Ereshkigal

Post by Ereshkigal »

Hi guys!

Am I still in time to sign up for it? I understand if I'm too late😊

Thanks and best regards!
Eresh
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

You're definitely not too late!

So far on my signup list I have Catchen, Skyisblu, Mystlander, Carl, Jules (and possibly Ed), and now you, Eresh.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Ereshkigal

Post by Ereshkigal »

Oooh, great!!! It's an honour to be there. What do we know about Rei'schu and its people? Should we bring anything from Earth as gifts, food or fabric or seeds, for example? I've seen that work pretty well to overcome large cultural barriers.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Funny you should ask. Just spent most of the afternoon there, infact, asking about these things. The priestesses really want more of that Eton Mess stuff Jules brought last time. *points in Jules Direction* I think he'll probably handle the tea front... As for other things, I'm planning on writing up a post soon to cover that as soon as I get some time to rest.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

I've compiled my notes, and in general... The primary things the people of Rei'schu want to be seeing- beyond the Eton Mess the Priestesses want more of- seem to be:

A, Proof of Community. IE: Some kind of evidence that we can put aside differences to help someone out in a time of need. This is specifically for us in D'ni, not for any surface cultures. (Personally I have a few examples to think of, but as I'm organizing this, obviously I can't suggest them because it'd 'taint the results' as it were. We'll see if anyone else can think of one prominent one that comes to my mind.)

B, Examples of Musical Compositions. Given the emphasis on harmonics with the Crystals, music is a form of communication FOR the locals. (And taste is subjective- I was already denied any submissions of my own given my recent experiences with the crystals. Karin'da gave me that partronizing look of 'Boy, you knew not what powers you meddled with. You think we'd trust your taste in music?')

C, Food, Drink, Etc. One of the big concerns in Rei'schu is restoring some food-based diversity in their food markets. Given the disaster that befell the age, lots of food types went into near or total extinction. Beyond some examples of pre-packaged stuff, they've asked for samples of growable foods, as well as possibly some types of wildlife that could be imported and farmed. (Speaks for itself, imho.)

D, Examples of Cultural Relaxation. These are a people who pride themselves on accomplishing their daily tasks early, and quickly, and efficiently, so they can have the rest of the day to themselves. As expected, they're always looking for new things to bide their times with, but safely. (Hopefully nobody suggests anything health-harming.)

I suspect there's some hard hitting questions they'll likely spring on us during the first meeting, but we'll see.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

I could bring a chess set and teach them chess.