Todelmer

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Dni_seeker 5

Todelmer

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

"Todelmer! Built to study the heavens! And glorious heavens you will find here. I am only sad we were never allowed to finish." -Esher

The Age of Todelmer (or the Pod Age, depending on whether you think that's the Age it's in) is truly a beautiful Age. When I saw it in Myst V, I was totally blown away. That and the fact that it was never finished have led me to announce that I will be taking on the task of the restoration of Todelmer. Whether it will be made available for explorers other than myself will have to be decided later, thanks to some legal ramifications that we haven't yet sorted out. But if I am allowed to release it, I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.
Ereshkigal

Re: Todelmer

Post by Ereshkigal »

Todelmer was always a beautiful Age, although I still feel sorry at the D'ni never studying the heavens here on Earth... Todelmer sounds like it might be some issue with the DRC, though; not sure they'll let you release it, especially if remaining Bahro activity is suspected there! Still, I look forward to it😊
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

Actually, I think Patrick is already working on making the Ages we saw in Myst V available to explorers. He got a copy of the Linking Books somehow. I think he's hoping to get Direbo out first, but Todelmer could very well be the next one, as it's definitely a fan favorite.
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

Well, it looks like I can begin. I got the Linking Book I need.
Tyion

Post by Tyion »

Carl Palmner wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:09 pm Actually, I think Patrick is already working on making the Ages we saw in Myst V available to explorers. He got a copy of the Linking Books somehow. I think he's hoping to get Direbo out first, but Todelmer could very well be the next one, as it's definitely a fan favorite.
I believe you're correct. Unless I to am remembering incorrectly.
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

I've made some progress. I have a sketch of the original plans for Todelmer. I've already removed all Bahro magic. I'll begin building soon.
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

MAJOR setback in Todelmer: A few days ago, some thug got their hands on a Todelmer Linking Book and by the time I caught him, one of the rooms (the one with the big telescopes) was in RUINS. And when I tried to STOP him, he SHOVED ME OFF A CLIFF. If I hadn't had my Relto book on me, I would probably be dead. When I made it back to Todelmer, he was gone, but so was some of the stuff that was in the telescope room, and there was a message spray-painted on the wall saying "NOT YOURS". I did get that guy's KI number and his name. If you've read our Five Most Wanted list, you've probably noticed that Carl SPECIFICALLY pointed out to stay away from Tally and to not engage any of these criminals. Now you know why. Because we now know that they have attempted at least one murder. Yep, that thug in Todelmer who tried to kill me was Tally. So if you see him, or any of the other criminals, take a picture and send it to Carl Palmner. His KI number, along with the criminals', can be found on the Five Most Wanted List, here on the forums.