The Glaze Of Eyes Gazing at Shelves...

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Kelsei A. Taylor

Re: The Glaze Of Eyes Gazing at Shelves...

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Thanks to my previous efforts to sort everything together in the DRC's archives, I inadvertently lessened a lot of the work I needed to do this time- although it's still taken a few hours- most of the day in fact- to get to this point.

As suspected, Eder Naybree seems to have been written during the period the DRC called the "Garden Binge"- around 8100 DE.

From what I've been able to piece together regarding the Age's surviving ownership documents, Eder Naybree was originally written as a Retirement Gift for a dearly beloved family member of some low-ranking member of the Guild of Writers- someone low enough on the totem pole that they weren't high up enough to have their name recorded, but still high enough to write an Age with confidence.

There isn't much on the records of the family in question- not who wrote it, or who it was even a gift for- possibly that information was lost, or the DRC didn't leave it somewhere where I could find it. I can keep looking for it, but given we don't even know who wrote Eder Gira, Kemo, Delin, and Tsogal... I'm not hopeful in that regard.

It seems that the Age stayed in ownership of the family for the next five hundred or so years, before being donated to a Private Collection around the year 8620 DE. It changed hands about five years later, going into another Private Collection, and from there it almost regularly bounced between private collections every thirty-to-thirty-five years until settling into a Public Library around the year 9200 DE.

It stayed there for about a hundred years, and then it began to be traded between public libraries, it looks like, before being loaned to a public venue of Garden Ages that was being hosted at one of the City Proper's libraries shortly before the time of the fall- around the year 9381 DE.

Document trail ends there- which leads me to suspect the garden exhibition either lasted for the next 19 years until the Fall, or it stayed at that library after the exhibition event ended. Likely the later, more than the former. What other documentation we have regarding the age showed it was popular enough to remain in active circulation until the time of the Fall.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

It always surprises me when we learn something new about an age. Gotta love it. :mrgreen:
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Right, probably should update this thread.

Given the Town Hall earlier last month, a vote was held and Naybree is being chosen to be released to the community first, with Highgarden later after that.

I think between my, Kelsei, and Jules' gardening attempts we've managed to get the plants scaled back to a manageable level. It's just the cliff damages caused by the Tree overgrowth that's caused the majority of concerns right now. I think I can get that in a state ready for release before Mysterium- though I think the actual release will have to wait until after that due to how busy I'll be during that time window. Unless Kelsei wants to take up the horn and release it first? XD

But, yeah, we'll see how the timing of this works out.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

I think I'll probably be busy during that first part of August too, Calum. ;) Also, I honestly think Mysterium Hype will probably keep the community a bit too focused and I'd rather not distract from that energy.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.