Sabotage in the Clinic

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Carl Palmner

Sabotage in the Clinic

Post by Carl Palmner »

Dr. Quinlan (and everyone else, really), we have a problem. I'm sorry, but I accidentally left one of the patient rooms unlocked after helping Tenny set things up in the clinic. By the time I realized my mistake, I was up on the surface spending time with my fiance. I figured it was no big deal, and I'd come lock it when our movie ended.

But I came back and that room has been trashed. The bed's overturned, the equipment shattered, and somebody had graffiti'd the words "Go Home" in red on the wall. Needless to say, I'm infuriated. Was anyone at the open house ever out of sight? I can only imagine this is some slight against Tenny. Does anyone have a reason to be angry at you, Tenny? We need to figure this out. This kind of behavior can't be tolerated.

I tidied up as best I could and I locked the door. We'll have to replace the equipment and wash that message off the wall. I'm happy to help in any way I can. I'm really sorry about leaving the door unlocked.
Traveler263

Re: Sabotage in the Clinic

Post by Traveler263 »

Nah, nobody was out of sight in that area of things. Plus, I kept a pretty tight eye on everyone after what happened at the Overflow Station, and I certainly didn't hear any commotion that could've matched that amount of destruction during the event.

Whatever happened must have happened before or after we all showed up or left.

EDIT: It must've been after. I just remembered checking the visitor log on the imager when I showed up well before the event to have Tenny take a scan of my head. I didn't see your name on there Carl, just a lot of Tenny coming in and out. So it must've been after everyone left.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

Then we should go through that log, but honestly, I doubt it will do any good. Whoever did this undoubtedly knew about the logs and probably just didn't bring their KI with them. That would prevent them from showing up on the log, I'm sure. Everyone at the open house had one, right?

Also, does anyone have an eye on the doctor? Whoever did this probably won't stop at vandalism. God, this makes me so mad.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

The Visitor Logs normally log even people without a KI, I think? So someone would have to go to a lot of trouble to cloak themselves from it. I can pull the data off of it remotely, and give it a dive through, see if there's any irregularities.

And Yes, everyone at the open house had a KI on them.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

Good. Do that. I can't tell you how much this upsets me, Calum.
Tiernan Quinlan

Post by Tiernan Quinlan »

Carl, that's a loaded question. Err. The only real person who would be at all angry with me is my twin brother, Simon. I very much doubt he's here in the cavern, as the last I heard from him, he was working in the UP in Michigan. We're not speaking so, I don't think he's the person who did this.

I wonder if this might be the work of that same 'someone' who stole the photographer girl's camera and took Dr. Valerian's research?

At any rate, it can be repaired. No worries.
---
Dr. Tiernan 'Tenny' Rory Quinlan, MD, PhD
Sanctuary Clinic, Ae'gura
KI: 11690335
Sanctuary by Tenny Quinlan
Keith Lord
Site Admin

Post by Keith Lord »

Traveler263 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:59 am The Visitor Logs normally log even people without a KI, I think? So someone would have to go to a lot of trouble to cloak themselves from it. I can pull the data off of it remotely, and give it a dive through, see if there's any irregularities.

They shouldn't do, if you don't have a KI then there is nothing to ping for an ID check. Not to mention you'd need a KI to access the location via the Nexus (unless you're a member of the hood).
Gondar

Post by Gondar »

It logs people with a KI that's off at the least, so our mystery person can't just shut it off before linking out of the nexus via provided book. That and that there's been nothing suspicious coming up so far (last I heard) is why I think either it was one of the guests who waited until afterwards. Or a bahro, of course, but I can't imagine that.
Of course it IS feasible to get to the hood without a KI, but it's far outliers of probability... there's the lake, so if you know the coordinates (and trusted the KIPS to be correct) you could boat there, or walk there and have your trusty climbing gear to scale a cliff up and down to get in. Or maybe some former resident wrote a linking book home so they could ignore the nexus (would that be a practice?) and someone stumbled across it and linked in.

Really, the logs are nice in that we have a small pool of potentials.

(Oh, and you got back safely to the clinic, doc? A number of things all together can put anyone on edge, and considering as Calum's noted there's now people who ghosted after a quarantine on the surface, thefts, this vandalism...)
--One of these days I'll have a proper thing to put here that sounds all professional and impressive. ...not today. KI#: 7425022--
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

It almost certainly wasn't one of the guests at the party, I'm fairly certain of that. I've had some suspicions of my own I've been chasing down since the other night.

More later, I'd like to confer with Calum in the morning.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Keith Lord wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:37 pm
Traveler263 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:59 am The Visitor Logs normally log even people without a KI, I think? So someone would have to go to a lot of trouble to cloak themselves from it. I can pull the data off of it remotely, and give it a dive through, see if there's any irregularities.

They shouldn't do, if you don't have a KI then there is nothing to ping for an ID check. Not to mention you'd need a KI to access the location via the Nexus (unless you're a member of the hood).

Pardon my memory, then. It's been a stressful month and this whole incident is the last thing I needed for my mental health and stress levels. I think I must've been remembering something different and getting it confused.

Kelsei A. Taylor wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:55 am It almost certainly wasn't one of the guests at the party, I'm fairly certain of that. I've had some suspicions of my own I've been chasing down since the other night.

More later, I'd like to confer with Calum in the morning.
No need to confer, Kelsei. I'll make a statement now.

I finished dredging up the data log from the hood imager yesterday evening.

It comes back to Tati Masser and Fasyk Casing- the two workers from the Overflow Station who have gone awol.

Tati's Work-crew networked KI was recorded on the Clinic's Hood Visitor Log imager's back end- noting it's 'not on the main network' status and hiding it from public view thanks to some archaic code the DRC left in there.

I know Kelsei passed their IDs along to Tenny the other night, and it's a good thing she did. These two are almost certainly involved in whatever's been going on. The fact they were the folks who 'Sami' was avoiding and fearful of- and that folks working at the Station observed her trying to do such....

I'm willing to wager these two are involved in something shady. If anyone sees 'Sami Lesgrandee' running around, please pass along a message that I'd like to speak to her ASAP. Be it on the Surface or in Cavern. Where-ever she feels most safe.

I've tried pinging their KIs, as an aside. I was unable to turn them on and get a location, but somebody certainly noticed and guessed it was me- probably my last forum post. In response, it seems that someone targeted a hack at every networked KI I publicly have made known I own. I've been having issues with their projectors ever since- staying on when I've tried closing it and having to forcibly reboot the KI entirely. I only noticed it happening during recent Wall trials when I was testing Marker Missions.

I don't know what else to say. The arguments I've had tonight with the rest of the crew regarding the situation has my stomach churning.

Needless to say, I've sent a line to the Nexus system to block access to the awol KI Devices on all networks. I doubt it'll slow them down if they have normal KIs or any other networked KIs I'm unaware of, but we'll see.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-