The Glaze Of Eyes Gazing at Shelves...

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Jules Lavisham

Re: The Glaze Of Eyes Gazing at Shelves...

Post by Jules Lavisham »

All caught up! Sounds like you have things all in hand, looking forward to exploring all of your hard work.

In the meantine, the offer for borrowing my machete still stands if needed. :D
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

If you're willing to come help me chop some vines, I'll be glad to accept your absurdly sharp knife-hatchet-hand-axe-thingy.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Jules Lavisham wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:44 pm All caught up! Sounds like you have things all in hand, looking forward to exploring all of your hard work.

In the meantine, the offer for borrowing my machete still stands if needed. :D
*waves* Glad you found the thread :)
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Hey, Kelsei. I found that hidden place you'd found in Naybree.

A: What the heek possessed you to climb up that high in the first place? (Though I guess I'm no better for my own solo climbing escapades at the Cathedral island.)
And B: I'm seriously wondering how the heck Athsheba moved these light sconces over here. What the heck???
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Ereshkigal

Post by Ereshkigal »

Are you sure Athsheba was the only one there? Might some other D'ni have been with her, or perhaps a native population who are keeping out of sight?
Kelsei A. Taylor

Unfortunately, due to documentation we found in Athsheba's own journal that she left in the Cathedral, as well as only one stone carved bed in the entire garden, we're very certain she was left alone for many years. :cry:

We're unsure of her fate after she eventually returned to her family home in D'ni, and left her journal there for others to find. Recent discoveries though imply she collected an Age Book to an inhabited Age, one her family maintained and protected, from the Cathedral, and took it back to Naybree where she hid it away and potentially used it. Either that, or she stayed on Naybree and was eventually found by Atrus' Restoration.

We just don't know for certain at this stage, though, the former seems more likely than the latter, given, well. That little hidden area Calum's mentioned in his last post.

Speaking of, Calum. Quite the climb, isn't it? :lol: I could do without the soak in the river after, though. Maybe you could write us a link to that place so we don't have to keep doing that?
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Seems Kelsei beat me to the punch- yeah. Sad fact is it looks like Atsheba's survival was brought down to a kindly stranger who ferried her through the Naybree book during the Fall. From that point on I can only presume that stranger ferried the book to safety or hid it from Veovis' corpse cart when he and his companions went on a 'seeding' hike.

The only local wildlife seems to be of the small critter types- Birds, fish, etc. Though, no fish in the main pond area, I suspect there's just enough blockage down the river line to prevent them from getting anywhere.

---

Yes, it's quite the climb. I've repeated it earlier just tonight so I could do that link write. I made sure to put it up high just incase of potential flooding.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Jules Lavisham

Post by Jules Lavisham »

Traveler263 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:56 am If you're willing to come help me chop some vines, I'll be glad to accept your absurdly sharp knife-hatchet-hand-axe-thingy.
Excellent, you're on. Been a long time since I've done some proper bush-whackin'. My absurdly sharp implements are at your disposal :D
Kelsei A. Taylor wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:14 pm Unfortunately, due to documentation we found in Athsheba's own journal that she left in the Cathedral, as well as only one stone carved bed in the entire garden, we're very certain she was left alone for many years. :cry:

We're unsure of her fate after she eventually returned to her family home in D'ni, and left her journal there for others to find. Recent discoveries though imply she collected an Age Book to an inhabited Age, one her family maintained and protected, from the Cathedral, and took it back to Naybree where she hid it away and potentially used it. Either that, or she stayed on Naybree and was eventually found by Atrus' Restoration.
My God. The Fall was a traumatic enough event to process it as it was, but to do so in isolation... I can't begin to imagine what effect that would have on a child. I hope wherever she ended up, she could at least find some measure of inner-peace.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Kelsei A. Taylor

Jules Lavisham wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:13 pm
My God. The Fall was a traumatic enough event to process it as it was, but to do so in isolation... I can't begin to imagine what effect that would have on a child. I hope wherever she ended up, she could at least find some measure of inner-peace.
Her journal isn't dated, so it's impossible to tell how she processed things between entries. Certainly, her description of the Fall itself was scattered and jumbled. The poor girl. :(

I suspect she fell on the few things her parents had taught her as coping mechanisms- paint making and stone carving. Given the amount of statues in Naybree, and how refined they are, she certainly took her time on them. We've only found a few sets of surviving paintings, but given the amount of overgrowth in the back half of the garden, it's impossible to tell if others have been erased over time.

There may be more elsewhere in the age, if we're ever able to find our way past the blockages in the river. I'd be curious to see what she did, or if her Art improved over time.

Religion may also have been a coping factor- given the focus on Chezahcen's depictions, and the fact she returned to her island home seemingly just to locate the Age Book the religion comes from... I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't see her survival as nothing short of a Deus Ex Machina- Chezahcen protecting her to continue her duty of protecting that world.
Traveler263 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:44 am
Yes, it's quite the climb. I've repeated it earlier just tonight so I could do that link write. I made sure to put it up high just incase of potential flooding.

That's good. I doubt it'd be in any serious risk of it given how dry that area's apparently been for certain things to remained there unharmed, but it's always best to be prepared, I'll agree.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Jules Lavisham wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:13 pm
Traveler263 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:56 am If you're willing to come help me chop some vines, I'll be glad to accept your absurdly sharp knife-hatchet-hand-axe-thingy.
Excellent, you're on. Been a long time since I've done some proper bush-whackin'. My absurdly sharp implements are at your disposal :D
Tomorrow's good for me if it's good for you.

Yeah, it's hard to think about. Atleast she had some marvelous sunrise/sunsets to look at.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-