Encounter in the Great Library

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Dni_seeker 5

Re: Encounter in the Great Library

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

Yes, it could be an instancing situation BUT (OOC) we can't use Yeesha/bahro powers in the story. There is another possibility, though. He could be a D'ni who was RAISED on the surface, called to the Cleft, completed the first journey BEFORE he linked to D'ni, and then arrived in the library where he lost his memory. But then somebody found him, attacked him, and raided his Relto. And that's correct, it means that Yeesha's family were NOT the only ones who escaped to the surface during the Fall. Let me know what you think of that theory.
Gondar

Post by Gondar »

It's.. also a possibility. A very tricky one. The catch is any genetic tests. There are surface D'ni, we know that must have happened, and they likely interbred as it were. Thing is they raided the relto, so all we know about the overall timing really is he did the first journey then lost his memory after, as he has the ring nothing more.

Plus, he was raised on the surface obviously because of the assorted knowledges, but if he's D'ni he was raised by non-D'ni with no knowledge as a possible orphan, as he didn't recognize even standard D'ni phrases like "shorah" which is like an english speaker not knowing "hello". And that wouldn't be forgotten... it's an implicit/explicit memory thing thus I was poking for things like how long he'd been an explorer (not long, not only has he only done the one ring but he's not familiar with the KI which anyone who's been down there a long time would be), rough area (surfacer American), knowledge of languages (english only), etc.
Also to note: we can also tell he wasn't down there long as he's not familiar with the word 'shorah' alone, as explorers would use that one in imitation of Yeesha like we do. But anyone who only did the first journey would only hear the word once in Yeesha's introduction speech, and dismiss it as part of the foreign gibberish since she never uses D'ni again.

(OOC: Sure we can't use those powers, but they're already established to exist. We use instanced caverns daily for the hoods and for the hood-cavern books, and we've visited two instances of K'veer at least as well also in the cavern... and that's nothing on the fact that we have that many other ages each of which is heavily instanced per person. Again, a Living Space level occurence is not zero probability, and we push at it too...)
--One of these days I'll have a proper thing to put here that sounds all professional and impressive. ...not today. KI#: 7425022--
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

A paradox has been uncovered.

If he has a Journey shirt, he should also have a Cleft book. But his only book is his Nexus book. The Cleft book cannot be deleted.

So what if the attacker didn't raid his Relto for personal gain? What if they did it to trap him here in D'ni? And how would somebody even remove the Cleft book? Seriously, that's impossible.

I definitely need to study how the Relto shelf works.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Technically, if the owner had the book open on the shelf, someone could swipe it off the rack.

And as it is, I've heard the books were simply gone- not deleted. Which implies less the usual method of resetting age books, more that someone took the books out of the shelf manually.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

An even more effective way of trapping him down here.