Fall of D'ni Memorial Island released.

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Traveler263

Fall of D'ni Memorial Island released.

Post by Traveler263 »

Located on a small island park on the Cavern Lake with a view of Ae’gura, Christopher Therburg and Keith Lord have teamed up to install a Memorial Fountain, dedicated to the lives lost in the Fall of D’ni.

Christopher had this to say on the matter in Chiso Preniv:
After three years of work and restoration, it’s finally time to reveal the Fall of D’ni Memorial Island, or Bahn’tefoonet [“Memorial Island”] in D’ni.. […] I’m really grateful to Keith, also known as Tweek, and everyone else who worked on this island that everything worked out so well in restoring and turning this island into a memorial site.

It was a life’s work for me and without Tweek, who volunteered to continue and finish the island with me, this work would have been much slower and would be released at a later date.

[…]

Five to three years earlier, I took a closer view at the cavern and noticed that the DRC or someone else didn’t erected a memorial to the “Fall of D’ni”, one of the worst events, if not the worst, in D’ni history.

I wanted to change that and it would be nice to build a memorial that fits the style of D’ni architecture. This memorial is meant to commemorate the D’ni who perished in this cataclysm.

The Fall of D’ni, was attack on the D’ni civilization by Veovis and A’gaeris, who used an unknown biochemical agent to kill most of the empire’s population in Leesahn 8, 9400 DE.

I had considered placing the memorial in Ae’gura, but there were some complications with two locations where the memorial should have been. Calum suggested then that I should place the memorial in a special location outside of Ae’gura.

Then I remembered this little island with the broken stalagmite near Ae’gura that I saw while exploring the cavern about eight years ago. We thought this would be a better location for it and it also have a nice view of [Ae’gura], which was formerly a small D’ni park, worked very well as a memorial place and after two years of restoration it’s finally ready.

We hope that the memorial will respects the deceased D’ni and that mostly new explorers will have a better understanding of the context of why it happened and why the D’ni City is empty now. We also hope that this island will also become a place of peace in the upcoming years.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Re: Fall of D'ni Memorial Island released.

Post by Traveler263 »

Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
SMYRI1

Post by SMYRI1 »

This little island is stunning and so peaceful. Often I just go to various places and rest for the peace of some of the gardens, cavern and evenings - like Relto. It's a form of escape. Now there's this lovely place and read about the contributors who have passed on. This is such a beautiful way to have this tribute. Well done!
Christopher Therburg

Post by Christopher Therburg »

SMYRI1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:04 am This little island is stunning and so peaceful. Often I just go to various places and rest for the peace of some of the gardens, cavern and evenings - like Relto. It's a form of escape. Now there's this lovely place and read about the contributors who have passed on. This is such a beautiful way to have this tribute. Well done!
You're Welcome. :)
TGMChrist KI: #00113512