Water filtration system

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Atticus Kaphaem

Water filtration system

Post by Atticus Kaphaem »

I've always figured that the D'ni must've had some water filtration system for drinking their water(Lake algae is good for lighting but not very good for the body) And I've found a place while exploring near the neighborhoods that the D'ni called Ahnohern, Which means "water room" in D'ni. It seems like the processes here are very similar to our wastewater treatment plants on the surface. I'm going to dig deeper and see what documents I can find on this. If the Cistern still works we might not need to bring water down to the cavern anymore!
Traveler263

Re: Water filtration system

Post by Traveler263 »

Well, maybe not need to bring down as *much* fresh water. I'd be wary of being exclusively reliant on it, given the issues over at the Overflow Station.

Still, good to know there's a potential fresh water source down here that isn't tainted by the GZ's glowyness.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Atticus Kaphaem

Re: Water filtration system

Post by Atticus Kaphaem »

I always approach these situations with caution... definitely do not drink any of this water until I've done some tests, also no swimming in the cistern at this point as we cannot risk any contaminants in the water at this point.