Naybree Public Safety Announcement.

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Traveler263

Naybree Public Safety Announcement.

Post by Traveler263 »

Minor and quick PSA here, folks.

Last night our work crews working to stabilize the beach area in Naybree have stumbled upon some broken equipment lodged into one of the tree roots/branches/tentacles/chubby noodle things in the back river area. This equipment isn't ours. We've also since cleaned it up for the time being. No sense polluting the environment with busted equipment.

As you know, the wood in the Naybree Tree is extremely tough in its thinnest form requiring powered machinery to cut through- the thicker it gets, the harder it gets to get through.

Please be careful if you're trying to lumberjack your way through the wooded areas. From what was found, it seems like the machinery is liable to break rather dramatically and could backlash against the person attempting to cut their way through the wooded areas. We appreciate the enthusiasm, but please leave this kind of gardening to the professionals, alright?

In other news, I've gotten the same kind of netting they use on skyscrapers to catch people if they happen to fall out of a window, and will be installing it into the cliffs near the link-in to prevent another incident like Logan's fall towards the ground last December.

Stay safe!

_Calum Traveler
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Re: Naybree Public Safety Announcement.

Post by Traveler263 »

It's come to my attention there have been further geological instabilities in the clifffaces in Naybree in places. Support structures will be put into place in the coming months. Please take caution when you see new support structures and do not attempt to dislodge them, else you may bring a heaping helping of rock down on your head. And nobody wants that.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Been observing some mild tremors across Naybree the last couple of days. Water in the river's been acting kinda funky too. Please be careful, folks.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Been observing some ground shift on the surface level of the clifftops, subtle bowing and dipping and fracturing along the clifftops. I'm advising folks to please stay off the cliffs for the near future in-case of any sudden seismic shifts.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

While surveying the cliffs tonight I observed a LOT more fragmentation and heard and *felt* several quakes. There was also severe fracturing atop the cliff-side in the back river area, all of it leading towards the nascent signs of a growing sink hole. It's clear that a collapse isn't a matter of "If" anymore. It's a matter of *when.*

I'm going to put up some barriers ontop of the cliffs nominal climbing points in the next few days once I find some free I can use.

Please stay clear of the clifftops in the back-river area for the time being. I don't know *when* this thing's going to collapse, but I'd put it at an imminent time scale. Please stay clear and don't go jumping around up there. We do NOT want another Phil Henderson incident. And yes, I know Phil survived his supposed death back in December'03, but that doesn't mean anyone else would be so lucky.

Keep your Relto Books on hand, and please exercise extreme caution in Naybree in the next few months.

EDIT: I've gotten some barricades sourced. They'll be available to me on the 12th, so I'll get them put in first chance I get.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Was out doing errands on the surface when I received a notif from the work crew installing the safety barriers and cliff-side netting.

Someone was running a chainsaw in the back area. One of the workers went to investigate when they heard the thing snap, and then rocks began fracturing.

I'll be in to check it just as soon as the seismic sensors indicate things have stopped violently quaking and have somewhat settled.

Good Grief.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Jules Lavisham

Post by Jules Lavisham »

Bad business. Going to finish up here and pop down myself, let me know when you get the all clear.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Everything's stabilized in the main garden for the moment, I'm giving it all a once over, but there's definite signs of active collapse at the sinkhole. There are VERY loud booms going on, though.

EDIT: Yeah, the back area has definitely suffered a major collapse. It's even more thoroughly blocked off the beach access than the roots originally were. One of the roots has been severed in twain due to falling debris. Honestly didn't think the rocks here had it in them, but that's some revenge for ya.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Jules Lavisham

Post by Jules Lavisham »

Right, that's my last dissertation meeting for the day. Heading down now, see you in Naybree.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

I had a cursory look the other day, but I'll be taking a closer look at it all now.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.