Naybree Public Safety Announcement.

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Traveler263

Re: Naybree Public Safety Announcement.

Post by Traveler263 »

Confirmed it with a visit today. Naybree's stability is still not quite stabilized. I mean, it's stable in that the quaking isn't getting worse. But it's still quaking, which isn't the kind of stable I want to see.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Reviewed some reports today, seems the quaking is starting to slowly taper off. Hesitant to make any predictions as to when it will subside, but it seems to be lowering down. Guess we'll see.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

@Calum, relaying a message for you from Runa'mei. She visited Naybree earlier today, and investigated the fissure. Apparently there's a bottom, and at it, there's a nest of some kind of local underground wildlife living in there. They got very loud when she went into the fissure. She doesn't think they're a threat however.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Oh. Lovely. What kind of loud, growling hungry animals?
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Cricket Like Chirping, apparently, from how Runa'mei mimicked the noise to me afterwards. She described a sort of strange, insect like head and avian like body, however. Miracles of the Art, am I right?
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

What even... No, seriously, what? That doesn't sound right. Is she sure they're not like, I dunno, giant bats?
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

No, not winged, she said. Frankly I think we probably need to do a proper environmental study.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Oh. Great. Potential Dinosaurs. This'll be fun to explain to Patrick.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Patrick Dulebohn

Post by Patrick Dulebohn »

Traveler263 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:56 pm Oh. Great. Potential Dinosaurs. This'll be fun to explain to Patrick.
Well, hopefully not actual dinosaurs. If they were, we'd have to abandon Naybree, and I'd rather not do that given all the work put into the Age.

As long as the critters are not actively attacking anyone, I think we can leave them be. I agree with Kelsei that further study is needed. Best to know what other surprises the surrounding landscape holds.
KI #: 9653140 #ANewEraInDni
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Patrick Dulebohn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:45 pm
Traveler263 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:56 pm Oh. Great. Potential Dinosaurs. This'll be fun to explain to Patrick.
Well, hopefully not actual dinosaurs. If they were, we'd have to abandon Naybree, and I'd rather not do that given all the work put into the Age.

As long as the critters are not actively attacking anyone, I think we can leave them be. I agree with Kelsei that further study is needed. Best to know what other surprises the surrounding landscape holds.
Yeah, having had time to think it over, I'll trust Runa'mei's judgement these things aren't a threat. Hopefully they'll stay nestled up in their nest and don't bother anyone who happens to find their way inside their nests.

As for surveying the surrounding landscape, irony is that the other night, Carl was just asking me about if I'd been out to the mountains or not. I haven't yet, but that does seem to be worth the effort to at least send a small exploratory force out there. I'll talk it over with Runa'mei and some of the others. Maybe we can make a party of it.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-