Benavud in Kadish: He had a friend

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Carl Palmner

Benavud in Kadish: He had a friend

Post by Carl Palmner »

I ran into Benavud earlier, looking for Jules. Jules, if you can touch base with him, I think he wants you to show him the spot in the library where you found him. He thinks someone else may have been down there as well.

He went to Eder Delin and then Kadish Tolesa today with Dni_Seeker 5, Isa, Mouski and Mystlander, and had a big revelation: he wasn't alone when he first solved this Age. He can't remember who the person with him was, but describes them repeatedly as a friend. He didn't recognize the names Harlan, Rafe, or Ami, which leads me to conclude it probably wasn't one of them. When I read the log, it looked like he remembered a lot more about Kadish than other Ages he's been to.

I know he's requested another blood test, as his recent trip to the surface leads him to believe he's from our world. Any news on that, Tenny? It'd be a shame if all the hulabaloo was over a "false positive."

Chatlog at: viewtopic.php?f=8&p=1269#p1269
Dni_seeker 5

Re: Benavud in Kadish: He had a friend

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

These are the conclusions I've drawn from my trip to Kadish Tolesa:

1: Number Two (that's the name I'm using for Ben's friend) exists, but Ben can't describe them.
2: Ben has spent a lot of time in Kadish Tolesa.
3: Strangely, neither of them figured out the pyramid puzzle, suggesting the existence of Number Three.

But Ben's "Journey Door phobia" has led me to the biggest revelation of all. What if (and this is a big if) the door that Ben is so scared of is the KADISH door? That would certainly make a lot of sense.

And about Dr. Quinlan's blood test, I have a theory about that.

The Myst family were not D'ni. They had D'ni blood, but they were not pure D'ni. What if the same is true of Ben? What if Ben was born and raised on the surface, but he has a D'ni on his family tree?

Anyway, this is what you should do if you run into Benavud: Take him to Kadish Tolesa (I took him to the Vault, you should take him to the main entrance), and see if he remembers anything else about Number Two. If he does, send a Kimail to Jules Lavisham. His KI number is on these forums somewhere...
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

Taking him back to Kadish is definitely a good idea.

It's possible he's part D'ni and part human, but the test results indicated that he was 100% non-human. So IF the tests were accurate (Ben has now called them into question), that would mean both parents are full D'ni (or full Bookworlder).

I'm still leaning towards Bookworlder. We know the D'ni eschewed most contact with other civilizations, but there could easily be Ages out there with humanlike people who didn't have that same hangup. How he would end up being raised on Earth is a mystery, but it seems more plausible to me than the D'ni angle.
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

I was just rereading the transcript of my trip to Kadish Tolesa with Benavud. Ben pointed out that the blood test had made him a bit of a celebrity in the Cavern and that if Number Two was still around after that announcement, they probably would have come forward by now. But what if there's another reason why Number Two hasn't come forward?

Somebody obviously broke into Ben's Relto and stole all his books. Now who would be close enough to Ben for him to allow them into his Relto? Answer: Number Two. If Number Two is the raider, they may also responsible for Ben's amnesia. Maybe Number Two is the one who took Ben to the Library on Ae'gura and gave him the bump on the head that made him lose his memory. Maybe they're responsible for all of this. And maybe Number Two's betrayal has something to do with the thing that happened behind the scary door.

So why would Number Two betray Ben? I don't know. But I have a feeling I know how to learn more about Number Two. We need to take Ben to the last place he saw Number Two or to another area of Kadish Tolesa. And I'm pretty sure that if Number Two is responsible for Ben's amnesia, then the last place Ben saw Number Two would be in the Great Library.

I'm going to contact Detective Williams and Robert Murry and see what they have to say about this.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Considering recent confirmation with Ben's latest DNA test... (IE: He's fully D'ni) yeah. I think there's reasons to be concerned over "Number 2" alright.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-