Rei'schu Ambassadorial Mission

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Ereshkigal

Re: Rei'schu Ambassadorial Mission

Post by Ereshkigal »

I have things from two Earth cultures to bring, mine and my husband's. I'll bring:

1. Foodstuff and seeds: rice, dried lentils, dried chickpeas, turnip seeds, peas, seed onion, a mushroom growing kit. If possible, I'll try to bring some premade lentil stew and rice in a box to try. It'll all fit easily in a bag.

2. Music: Breton harp music from Gwenael Kerleo, some Coke Studio Indian modern traditional, some Ravi Shankar, and some electronic ambient. All saved offline to my phone. (Maybe they'd find Pythagoras interesting to hear about, with the Music of the Spheres. Their Crystals respond to music; as per Pythagoras, the Universe is made of music. It sounds like something we might connect on.)

3. Relaxation: I'll bring coloured pencils and paper, for making artwork. If they're into dance (which would make sense given the importance they give to music), we can do that too.

Does the fact that we in Uru are from different cultures, yet live together as friends, count as proof of community? Then we can highlight things that make us different, from the different countries or states we come from.

How are they on religions? Any festivals, or sacred things they can talk about? I'd love to exchange with them; learn their festivals, and maybe teach them some I know.

Also, how do I get a Maintainer suit? Do I need to do a Wall game, or is it possible without doing the Wall?
Murry

Post by Murry »

Robert Murry could bring a bottle of Scotch from his family's distillery. ;)
Murry - KI#11341779
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

I'll mark Robert down as attending then.
Ereshkigal wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:07 am I have things from two Earth cultures to bring, mine and my husband's. I'll bring:

1. Foodstuff and seeds: rice, dried lentils, dried chickpeas, turnip seeds, peas, seed onion, a mushroom growing kit. If possible, I'll try to bring some premade lentil stew and rice in a box to try. It'll all fit easily in a bag.

2. Music: Breton harp music from Gwenael Kerleo, some Coke Studio Indian modern traditional, some Ravi Shankar, and some electronic ambient. All saved offline to my phone. (Maybe they'd find Pythagoras interesting to hear about, with the Music of the Spheres. Their Crystals respond to music; as per Pythagoras, the Universe is made of music. It sounds like something we might connect on.)

3. Relaxation: I'll bring coloured pencils and paper, for making artwork. If they're into dance (which would make sense given the importance they give to music), we can do that too.
Sounds like an interesting time to me, hehe.
Does the fact that we in Uru are from different cultures, yet live together as friends, count as proof of community? Then we can highlight things that make us different, from the different countries or states we come from.

How are they on religions? Any festivals, or sacred things they can talk about? I'd love to exchange with them; learn their festivals, and maybe teach them some I know.

Also, how do I get a Maintainer suit? Do I need to do a Wall game, or is it possible without doing the Wall?
Potentially. I couldn't say for certain at this stage since I'm organizing this whole thing. I think I'm supposed to stay impartial. :P

They have one primary Religion in the Age. Worship of the Goddess Chezahcen. Trust me when I say there's a lot there they're willing to talk about. The Priestesses are going to be a big part of this negotiation sequence, I think. They represent the Heart/"Soul" of the various communities, as it were, while the different town leaders represent the Minds of their communities.

You need to compete against another player and win a match, yes.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Ereshkigal

Post by Ereshkigal »

I'll see if I can get someone for a Wall game, then. I haven't checked it out at all😊

And the Priestesses sound interesting! I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to share.
Mystlander

Post by Mystlander »

Are we to make presumptions about the Age of Rei-schu, or can you fill us in on the planet's traits, ie: does it have one sun, or more; one moon, or more; how many days are in their year; how many hours are in their day; how many seasons are in their year; is the weather moderate, extreme, or balanced; are their soil conditions harsh, or fertile; etc. Once we have the answers to these questions, we can better evaluate what we have to offer in the way of crops and wildlife that will propagate in Rei-schu.

What types of wildlife are they lacking? What types of foodstuffs and plants do they require (meats, dairy, starches, proteins, antioxidants, fiber, medicinal, etc.)? Do they need wool, cotton, silk, etc.? The more we know about what is genuinely needed on Rei-schu, chances are that Rei-schuians will be more receptive of our offerings.

Mystlander
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Mystlander wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:46 am Are we to make presumptions about the Age of Rei-schu, or can you fill us in on the planet's traits, ie: does it have one sun, or more; one moon, or more; how many days are in their year; how many hours are in their day; how many seasons are in their year; is the weather moderate, extreme, or balanced; are their soil conditions harsh, or fertile; etc. Once we have the answers to these questions, we can better evaluate what we have to offer in the way of crops and wildlife that will propagate in Rei-schu.

What types of wildlife are they lacking? What types of foodstuffs and plants do they require (meats, dairy, starches, proteins, antioxidants, fiber, medicinal, etc.)? Do they need wool, cotton, silk, etc.? The more we know about what is genuinely needed on Rei-schu, chances are that Rei-schuians will be more receptive of our offerings.

Mystlander
I'll have to make a second trip for some of that information- i've italiced that in the quote, and will get there sometime this week to answer, as It's never occurred to me to ask while I was there (LOL).

As for the rest.... I wasn't able to see a sun during my time there. I'm not sure the age Has one anymore. Most of the light comes from the two moons, which are clearly held together with the crystal elements native to the age, and produce sufficient levels of light to be seen with during the "day." There were periods where the light from the moons dimmed and that would be close to "night", but quite frankly I would hesitate to call either state day or night beyond those qualifiers.

The parts of the age I saw are home to mountainous terrain, and have a lot of trees on them. I'd say it's similar in appearance to Jalak's distant terrain, if you want a 'local' example. Except it's stitched together with crystal supports. I got the impression most of the age's landmass is like this following the ancient calamity. Mountainous, forested. Everything that isn't land is ocean. The moons landscaping is similar, from what I saw, just without the massive water bodies.

As far as the wildlife, I think they're looking for smaller domestic animals, overall. The smallest they have are a deer-goat like creature that's still the size of a pre-teen child when fully grown. A LOT of Rei'schu's local fauna are very big. And I mean BIIIIG big. Full grown giraffe sized big- but those might just be the mountain cats. They seem to be the dominant predator there, but there are also wolves of significant size and rodents of unusual size as well (I wish I was making that up. I saw some mansized rats during my last visit, being used to lug the arm of one of those mega fauna mountain cats along.) Don't get me started on the size of the birds. Some of the Priestesses were baffled when I described how small cats and dogs were on Earth.

The prominent clothing type I saw people wearing were various types of leathers and hides. The Priestesses had the more traditional 'flowy' kind of fabrics you'd see in depictions of Serenia's priestesses- but those seemed somewhat rare in comparison.

Food is where it gets tricky. They have a predominantly meat and dairy based diet, thanks in part to the massive megafauna that get butchered for meat. The deer-goats seem to be used where goats are in mountainous regions on Earth, in a similar capacity, atleast. Their request was pretty much primarily centered around grains and growable plants. The non-tree based plantlife that I saw were fairly fibrous looking, So I'd say starches and grains, probably?

As for medicinal stuff, I made the offer and the Priestesses turned it down at this stage. Too early on to even know if our medical systems are even compatible yet.

EDIT: Ah, almost forgot. The weather. The weather dodged between rainstorms, fairly calm weather, and heavily windy. Pollen season is especially bad (and lasts about a month or so) because the tree pollen releases tend to coincide with heavy gusts of wind, blowing allergens everywhere.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Jules Lavisham

Post by Jules Lavisham »

Okay, here's some notions, fresh off of a very fun brainstorm.

Firstly, music-wise, the best examples we can put forward are compositions that don't lean too heavily on Earth-based language and cultural contexts to appreciate (specific references, idioms and the like), we're looking for things that can let the instrumentals and vocals speak for themselves at this stage. With that in mind, it would be remiss not to get something classical on the ticket, something that runs the full gamut of human emotion. You'll DEFINITELY be wanting Holst's "Planets" suite. Mars and Jupiter alone should illicit some wonderful reactions. I would also recommend some Afro Celt Sound System, Gaelic and West African voices I think are going to hit the mark in a big way here.

Having said that, there's a consensus between Ed and myself that Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" must be experienced. One I think for the Priestesses in the first instance, it feels only right they get first dibs on the aural consciousness expansion. You'll want a vinyl player for this one, naturally.

Right. Food and drink. The tea front is sussed, I might chuck in some of another blend called "Deckchair Dreaming" which has several relaxant qualities that may go down well. I'm looking forward to telling them more about assorted tea ceremonies, would be fascinating to see what kind of a spin they put on the concept. Spices will also be a winner I think - salt, pepper, tumeric, cinnamon, paprika, nutmeg, all the delicious flavours. Let's go full Silk Road with this. Animals-wise, chickens I think will be a good shout. Easy to wrangle, plus you'll get the double whammy of meat AND eggs. As for plants, I'd also put forward seeds for growing herbs. A bit of sage, parsley, mint and thyme will be something they could work WONDERS with. We want to keep things reasonably low-impact and containable for now as the last thing we want is for their own eco-system to go out of whack due to a new element we bring in, so I think these are reasonably low-risk to start with.

On the relaxation front, since the Priestesses have their translation necklaces, some collected works of mythology and fables would I think be well received. One Thousand and One Nights, the epic of Gilgamesh, Journey to the West, Beowulf, etc. I've always been fascinated by how stories get adapted and absorbed into another culture with their own spins being applied to it, so I would LOVE to see what they can do with some of our classics. Dice and cards will also be an easy way in to some analogue entertainment, but probably best to make sure there aren't any laws or religious tenets on gambling or games of Chance in general beforehand. Again, one for the Priestesses and Town Leaders to take a view on. If so, something like Tic-Tac-Toe or Three Men's Morris will suffice instead, easy to pick up and something that can be done with a few brightly coloured rocks and some lines in the ground.

And as for proof of Community, well, our man Benavud seems the obvious case to cite. One of the best examples I've seen of people coming together to help someone in need I've seen in all my time in the Cavern. I think it shows us at our best.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Mystlander

Post by Mystlander »

Traveler263 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 am You're definitely not too late!

So far on my signup list I have Catchen, Skyisblu, Mystlander, Carl, Jules (and possibly Ed), and now you, Eresh.
At present, it is probably best to remove me from the Rei'schu Mission list. There are serious issues on the surface that require my attention and prevent me from joining you. My sincere apologies to all... :cry:
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Mystlander wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:31 pm
Traveler263 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 am You're definitely not too late!

So far on my signup list I have Catchen, Skyisblu, Mystlander, Carl, Jules (and possibly Ed), and now you, Eresh.
At present, it is probably best to remove me from the Rei'schu Mission list. There are serious issues on the surface that require my attention and prevent me from joining you. My sincere apologies to all... :cry:
Understood. Hopefully you can join us once it's sorted out.

As an aside, I'll finalize some things and make some more announcements at this month's Town hall regarding this. I'm hoping to get the Rei'schu delegation through for talks sometime next month.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Tiernan Quinlan

Post by Tiernan Quinlan »

If you still need another person, let me know, Cal. I can provide any medical support if needed.
---
Dr. Tiernan 'Tenny' Rory Quinlan, MD, PhD
Sanctuary Clinic, Ae'gura
KI: 11690335
Sanctuary by Tenny Quinlan