ATTN Kelsei: Sabotaged hood pedestals

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Carl Palmner

ATTN Kelsei: Sabotaged hood pedestals

Post by Carl Palmner »

Kelsei, some hood community room pedestals have been sabotaged. Looks like it will be a quick fix but I'm no engineer.

D'ni_Seeker 5 sent me a picture of Marcus Johnson, one of our Most Wanted, by the pedestal in one of the DRC hoods. I talked to the crowd there tonight and confirmed Johnson was there. They didn't think he'd gone anywhere important but the pedestal, so I checked it. It turned out to be fine, but on a hunch I went through a bunch of other hoods and found that several of them--including the Great Tree (3) and the Clinic--had pedestals that had been rendered nonfunctional. I sent you a KImail list of all the hoods I found that need to be fixed. My guess is that DS5 caught Marcus before he could damage the one at which he was caught.

Johnson's KI was not on when I conducted my search, but Mita Staser and Tally were both listed as being in hoods. Only one hood had any population listed--the one I went to first--and neither of them was there, which means they were in a private hood (my guess would be the same one).
Traveler263

Re: ATTN Kelsei: Sabotaged hood pedestals

Post by Traveler263 »

I'll get that from Kelsei and deal with it during some quiet hours. If there's one good thing insomnia's for, it's that.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Given the majority of the hood podiums just play garbled D'ni messages anyways, I'm not sure why the saboteurs bothered. The things don't properly work right with the intended setup.

I just forwarded the info to one of Calum's lesser known testing KIs, since he was using that at the time.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Yep, got it fixed last night and conked out to bed after. Well, 'fixed.' They're still playing garbled D'ni. Those hood podiums are just a mess of internals. Getting them anywhere near to Kirel's functionality is going to require a mess of parts I just don't have access to at the moment.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-