Concerning Development.

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Kelsei A. Taylor

Concerning Development.

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Logged onto my KI this morning for a pellet run to discover I received a KI invite last night from a vaguely familiar name.

I checked the hood- listed publicly on the nexus as well as the invite having been sent my way- and found that one of our trouble makers- Mita Staser had been present not long after the owner's latest visit.

I've taken a survey of the hood. Beyond the kickables being scattered about wildly, I'd noticed the book room doors showed heavy signs of being forced open. They'd definitely been locked by the owner and forced open afterwards.

Needless to say, if this Ami girl is the "Sami Lesgrandee" I've been seeing on the surface, and the girl who Calum saw at the overflow station, it seems like she's on the outs with whomever these people are. I'm hopeful she escaped, given her previous disappearing acts.

But that just leaves me with two questions: Was I the only one who received this hood invite? And who the Heck is Harlan?

---
EDIT: I've spoken with a concerned explorer- who wishes to remain Anonymous- who told me they saw Ami briefly in Ae'gura the other night- only to flee. A few minutes later her "Uncle" came looking for her- name couldn't be remembered, unfortunately. Either Ami's family situation is seriously messed up, or one of our station saboteurs is pretending to be her Uncle. I'm not sure which is worse.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Dni_seeker 5

Re: Concerning Development.

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

Well, Ami's name IS an anagram for Sami Lesgrandee. But ask Anonymous to keep an eye out for the uncle. He might be... DANGEROUS.

And don't get too close. If he is a saboteur, we can't risk you inhaling some of that poison (see "Chemical weapons")

And if you find this Harlan person, make sure that they're safe. Tell him to stay in his Relto AT ALL TIMES and not to let anyone, especially the saboteurs, find him. But what's REALLY scary is that MITA STACER was in the hood. I mean, how did Mita, of all people, get in? They would need a private invite... How is this possible?
Kelsei A. Taylor

The Hood was listed publicly on the Nexus, so it's likely Mita got in the same way I, and a few other explorers, did- I didn't use the invite, I just saw it on the nexus and visited it that way. I suppose the Invite was just to get attention?

Also, we still don't know what that chemical was- it may just be some ordinary deterrent and not anything poisonous.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Got an invite too- and yep, the hood is definitely listed on the nexus publicly. Used that just now, instead of the invite too. I'd assume Ami turned on the hood and sent invites to a buncha folks. I wonder how she got our KI#s for Invites? Did she sift them off of the forums or ask around for KI#s?

Can confirm the Book Room doors were definitely forced open, though. Looks like someone pried at the edges with something like a crowbar, and overrode the inner track mechanisms with force. Books seem fine, though. They likely weren't the target.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Tiernan Quinlan

Post by Tiernan Quinlan »

I stopped by the hood myself but she wasn't there.
I've been having some KI issues that Diranda offered to look into, which has been why I've had some trouble gettin' around lately. Since we have been workin' on that, I went ahead and took my bike in for service in the town nearby an' used the time to pick up more supplies. I'm still waitin' on the lab reports from Argon about the chemical samples.

Oddly, Logan's been kind of busy lately, which surprised me. He hasn't said why.
---
Dr. Tiernan 'Tenny' Rory Quinlan, MD, PhD
Sanctuary Clinic, Ae'gura
KI: 11690335
Sanctuary by Tenny Quinlan
Jules Lavisham

Post by Jules Lavisham »

I had an invite as well. Definitely seems like someone is trying to get our attention.

Harlan, eh. Interesting. Somebody's keen that we open a dialogue of some kind.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

The name "Harlan" keeps itching at me. I think I've heard it somewhere- might've written about it in one of my journals, actually. I'm gonna take the time tomorrow and reread them just incase I wrote something down somewhere.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

It took some doing (I wrote a lot of stuff over the last two years), and I only found one mention of a Harlan in my Cathedral Journal.
10-29-20
Chats on Discord had me eager to examine the Ae'gura Library for a bit. I can see room for improvements or modifiers, but the place seems pretty structurally sound for the most part. A good example of some D'ni architecture, to say the least. Not sure if the hypothetical plans are ever going to be followed through on, but I can see things working out. Eventually.

Doobes mentioned today he plans on bringing some cones down to the GoMe Pub with the holiday decorations if he can manage it. Cones, and Possibly an Eddie too. I've suggested a copy of Dusty from Minkata, if he can manage a source of it. Hopefully we'll be seeing the holiday decorations put up sooner rather than later. I think I might get a start in on writing the books needed to put into Vertigo to head back to the Island, and vice versa.

Strange mention by J.D. Barnes on Twitter about some group called "Children of the New Seed" run by some Harlan Mason. Just what we need, another cult.
Bolded line for emphasis. I'm unsure if this is the same "Harlan" that Ami is directing us to speak to, but it may be a lead, regardless. How many "Harlan"s can there even be down here in the Cavern?
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Sometimes journaling habits pay off.

I've never heard of these "new seed" people, so if they're active, they've kept a very low profile.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

Be careful... How can you be sure you can trust these people? For all we know, the New Seed are the saboteurs and (S)Ami is luring you into a trap.