From Tiernan: Planned meeting with Benavud

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Diranda

From Tiernan: Planned meeting with Benavud

Post by Diranda »

Tiernan asked me to post the following message:

"After talking with him and some of the other folks, I've tentatively okayed a short get-together where people can meet with Ben next Saturday, June 12 at 15:30 KI time at the Great Tree neighborhood.

I know several of you would like to talk to him, and that's why I've agreed to letting him do this. However, please keep in mind that he's still recovering and it might be difficult for him if too many people try to talk to him at once. I expect by that time, he should feel much more up to short chats with folks. If this changes, I'll let you know."

Edit:
(Mistakenly posted from Diranda's account.)
-----
The Great Zero Journals
Diranda Valerian KI#11629473
Kelsei A. Taylor

Re: From Tiernan: Planned meeting with Benavud

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

I'll try to make it, thanks for the notif :)
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Tiernan Quinlan

Post by Tiernan Quinlan »

UPDATE:

I gave Dira the wrong weekday. Sorry folks!

The Date is June 12, but that's Sunday.

So the meeting is: SUNDAY, June 12 at 15:30 KI time.

Been so busy, just slipped my mind.

~Tenny
---
Dr. Tiernan 'Tenny' Rory Quinlan, MD, PhD
Sanctuary Clinic, Ae'gura
KI: 11690335
Sanctuary by Tenny Quinlan
Kelsei A. Taylor

Well, that went well. I think we can probably scratch off "Bookworlder: Chiso" and "Bookworlder: Rei'schu/exten-col" off the list of possibilities, though. He didn't have a strong instinctual knowledge of The Caltauc (Native to Chiso) nor of Chezahcen (The primary religious figure of Rei'schu).
Last edited by Kelsei A. Taylor on Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Gondar

Post by Gondar »

I'm pegging 'earthworlder', specifically 'different earth instance surfacer'. He knows too much about the place implicitly to be from another age natively. Including places, names, and so on. How familiar was he with the KI when taught? Did he seem to have an idea already or take time to learn the specifics? Because that'd be implicit stuff... and it'd show how long he's been down in the cavern before ending up in *our* cavern. (also why the KI isn't so much help I wager, it'd be trying to connect to the different lattice.)
--One of these days I'll have a proper thing to put here that sounds all professional and impressive. ...not today. KI#: 7425022--
Kelsei A. Taylor

If that's the case we may have to start asking for pop culture references. If there's any obvious points of divergence on the surface...

I'll admit, I was sorely tempted to ask him what color that one *dress* from a few years ago was.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---