Encounter in the Great Library

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Ereshkigal

Re: Encounter in the Great Library

Post by Ereshkigal »

How did the attacker Link out of Bebavud's Relto? Was there any Book left there, or is it truly completely bare?
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Ereshkigal wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:12 am How did the attacker Link out of Bebavud's Relto? Was there any Book left there, or is it truly completely bare?
Spoke with Tenny the other day. It's just the Nexus book left.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

Wait a second... does that mean that the pedestals have been removed from his Relto? How did they do THAT?
Kelsei A. Taylor

Dni_seeker 5 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:20 am Wait a second... does that mean that the pedestals have been removed from his Relto? How did they do THAT?
What pedestals? Do you mean the book hydrants that hold the Bahro Poles?
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Tiernan Quinlan

Post by Tiernan Quinlan »

The books are missing from the shelf. The only one left is the Nexus book.
---
Dr. Tiernan 'Tenny' Rory Quinlan, MD, PhD
Sanctuary Clinic, Ae'gura
KI: 11690335
Sanctuary by Tenny Quinlan
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

Kelsei A. Taylor wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:33 am
Dni_seeker 5 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:20 am Wait a second... does that mean that the pedestals have been removed from his Relto? How did they do THAT?
Yes, I mean the "book hydrants". What else could I be talking about? The Myst V pedestals? Those aren't IN Relto!
Kelsei A. Taylor

Dni_seeker 5 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:20 am
Kelsei A. Taylor wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:33 am
Yes, I mean the "book hydrants". What else could I be talking about? The Myst V pedestals? Those aren't IN Relto!
Well, having not been to the relto to compare, I would wager the page was either turned off by the owner of the Relto (Benavud), or the books inside of the hydrants were left alone.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Gondar

Post by Gondar »

I'm kinda miffed I never thought about asking about the rings. So we know he's done the main journey, got his shirt, but not the others. And his books were taken a bit after that.

We also know he's from earth, but not our earth. Unclear where, but a country where english is the main language and others are rare not a used secondary (so if Canada, as an example, not from Quebec, but other places could work where french is super rare even if officially secondary).

I guess it was bound to happen. See? This time, I'm 100% justified in blaming Yeesha! :lol:
--One of these days I'll have a proper thing to put here that sounds all professional and impressive. ...not today. KI#: 7425022--
Kelsei A. Taylor

If it is an instancing situation, there's a bigger question at play. How would we even go about getting him home? Unlike Yeesha, it's not like any of us can directly target a specific world line.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Gondar

Post by Gondar »

It occurred to me too.. first we'd need to find *where* he's from. That's almost as hard... because there's enough overlap he apparently comes from *a* USA, and so on. So we can't immediately go the obvious of nazi earth and move on, as it were.

Of course, another question is how. I mean, let's face it, we have zero clue how instancing works, why we end up back 'home' as opposed to 'not-home'. Or if we don't it's close enough. He didn't, enough to be genetically different at some measure.

Suddenly Yeesha or a bahro would be dramatically helpful, and of course they're nowhere to be found. :x
--One of these days I'll have a proper thing to put here that sounds all professional and impressive. ...not today. KI#: 7425022--