Work area in Chiso Preniv

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Patrick Dulebohn

Work area in Chiso Preniv

Post by Patrick Dulebohn »

Hey all.

I know a lot of you have been very diligent in keeping the location of our "office" on the lower floor secure until now and I thank you for that...but I'm thinking it'll soon be time to open that up to the public at large.

With that in mind, in the next few months, I'm asking you all to properly secure any sensitive materials such as unvetted Linking Books or research papers so that, one day soon, we'll be able to allow visitors to Chiso to come down and get a sneak peek at what we're working on for future openings.

I know this'll be a bit of a gear shift and may cause our quiet work area to be a bit noisier, but in the ongoing spirit of transparency, I feel this will be a proper step forward. Besides, I think explorers have touched literally every nook and cranny in the place and still haven't found the hidden button and door. They deserve a bit of a reward for their vigilence, yeah? :P

Let me know what you think.
KI #: 9653140 #ANewEraInDni
Traveler263

Re: Work area in Chiso Preniv

Post by Traveler263 »

I've no objections. I've gotten tired of dodging the question with "Plausible Deniability" lol.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

I've already been double securing my things privately after Diranda's camera and journal thefts. No safer place than my own private Neighborhood, in that regard.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Jules Lavisham

Post by Jules Lavisham »

Ta for the heads up, no objections here and it's probably a good move in the long run. We'll just have to make sure the drinks cabinet remains locked from now on.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Keith Lord
Site Admin

Post by Keith Lord »

I don't believe I have anything of a sensitive nature on my desk, just less you count the Kormahn I'm working on.
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

I suppose a few people might consider that sensitive, depending on how complete it is, Keith.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Tiernan Quinlan

Post by Tiernan Quinlan »

I'm gathering a few things to bring over to my desk area. I suppose I might want to wait to bring a laptop over?
Has there been anything missing from Chiso yet? I hadn't heard anything about that, only things in the Cavern.
---
Dr. Tiernan 'Tenny' Rory Quinlan, MD, PhD
Sanctuary Clinic, Ae'gura
KI: 11690335
Sanctuary by Tenny Quinlan
Patrick Dulebohn

Post by Patrick Dulebohn »

Keith Lord wrote: I don't believe I have anything of a sensitive nature on my desk, just less you count the Kormahn I'm working on.
As long as we're sure an incomplete Book doesn't Link someone into oblivion, we should be good. ;)

Tiernan Quinlan wrote:Has there been anything missing from Chiso yet? I hadn't heard anything about that, only things in the Cavern.
Not that we've noticed. Explorers have been rather respectful so far. Even so, given the growing number of Age Books, we'll probably set up some hidden cameras around the upper and lower floors, just in case.
KI #: 9653140 #ANewEraInDni
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

You guys have an office? Cool. I want an office! Except...I have no idea what I would do with one. :)
Keith Lord
Site Admin

Post by Keith Lord »

Patrick Dulebohn wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:08 pm
Keith Lord wrote: I don't believe I have anything of a sensitive nature on my desk, just less you count the Kormahn I'm working on.
As long as we're sure an incomplete Book doesn't Link someone into oblivion, we should be good. ;)
Should be safe, at least it's not one of my experimental Ages. I still have nightmares from that one Book.