Has anyone noticed this?

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Ereshkigal

Re: Has anyone noticed this?

Post by Ereshkigal »

It almost sounds like the prankster has discovered some Age, and wants to restore it on their own. I do wish they'd work with others,rather than against them; not only is stealing equipment clearly criminal behaviour, but an inexperienced explorer trying to restore an Age all by themselves sounds dangerous! A lot could go wrong, and they won't have any backup.
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

I think the important thing is that we start securing our stuff. Keep all personal belongings on your Relto, or in another secure place. Don't let anyone into the areas where things are kept unless you trust them.
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

The hard part with that is if someone is breaking the rules and getting into places without our knowing. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past some Explorers to go poking around places anyways- it's probably not something we can stop if someone's clever enough.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Yeah, the problem with garnering a community based around a puzzle game franchise is people start taking locks less of a 'keep out' and more of an invitation to go exploring. :P

I think as long as people leave things where they find them I don't mind a *little* snooping, unlike Sharper, but thefts are where things get hazy.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Diranda

Post by Diranda »

My new friends let me know their camera was returned. At least, the young lady, Alex, found her camera on the ferry docks, missing the roll of film she'd had in it when it went missing. Odd, since the camera itself wasn't damaged, just the film taken.

They were working in and around the Museum when their equipment vanished.

This is beginning to sound much more like another group who seems to be interested in researchers and the restoration effort at the very least.

Has anyone heard anything more from or about Calum's odd 'visitor'?
-----
The Great Zero Journals
Diranda Valerian KI#11629473
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

How strange.

No, truth be told I've been much too busy with surface work and trying to keep Calum under observation at night to focus much on that mystery group. I think Calum was going to reach out this last week to see if he could get word with the workers who were on sick leave? But I'm not sure if anything came of that.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Nothing much exciting to report on that front, I'm afraid- but there in lies the bad news. I haven't been able to contact the people I was trying to get in touch with now that their two week quarantine is over. Seems like they used their 'sick leave' to pull a rabbit and get out of town. Hate it when folks do that.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Well, this is just brazen escalation.

A couple of newly assigned DRC # hoods have had their GZ Books, their firemarbles, left-hand imagers, telescopes, and Ayoheek tables stolen. In addition, a series of barricades have been erected outside the community rooms.

I'm unsure when this would have happened, as their right hand imagers have been reset to basic functionality, not even accepting pellet scores, and were reset to like-new listing. It's possible these hoods were ransacked long ago in hopes they'd be stumbled upon by the system auto-assigning them. It's also possible these were recent thefts born from other incidents.

Alternatively, it could just be the DRC never finished setting up these hoods. I'll be investigating. So much for my week off. :(
Last edited by Traveler263 on Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

We've gotten the fountains turned back on. We'll be trying to sort out the rest later.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

I believe we have the affected hoods put back to sorts now. I'll be keeping an eye out for any future issues, though. Now to enjoy the New Years party.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-