That dang Nexus pedestal in the Pub...

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Patrick Dulebohn

That dang Nexus pedestal in the Pub...

Post by Patrick Dulebohn »

I have some good news! After who knows how many hours of troubleshooting after so many years, we've finally got that darn Nexus pedestal KI slot in the Ae'gura Messengers' Pub working! No more of that angry red glare...just the familiar, welcoming blue. :D

Now that that's out of the way, we'll just need to figure out how to reconnect it to the lattice so that it'll register in the KI and the Nexus properly. Should make getting to the Pub easier for everyone, which I know has been a big request from explorers who just want to sit down and take a load off after a long day of walking, climbing, jumping, etc.

I'm glad we've been able to make great strides to fix more and more D'ni tech lately thanks to some rather talented and brilliant individuals working with us.

And because of that, we're so close on that other big project that I think everyone's going to love once it's done. ;)
KI #: 9653140 #ANewEraInDni
Kelsei A. Taylor

Re: That dang Nexus pedestal in the Pub...

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Glad to hear it! It'll make getting around a bit easier for sure :)
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Good news, Patrick. :D

I've had a few pokes at the Lattice with recent Gahreesen shenanigans. I'll take a look at it and see if I can get it to connect back up. No promises on expedience though. Got enough on my plate as it is.
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

I'm taking a look at the Nexus Terminal internals right now- I think reconnecting this to the Lattice is very feasible, but I think there's some cracked Lattice framework in here on the signal interfaces. I'll keep poking at it a bit and see if I can confirm that or not. If I need to replace parts I'll have to hunt down where those might be first.
---
EDIT:
Yeah. There's some cracked and damaged Lattice parts in here. I'll have to see if I can source down some replacement parts from the DRC supplies. If not, I'll have to see what I can do based on the damaged part I recovered.

Had a nice chat with Jules while I worked, though.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Ereshkigal

Post by Ereshkigal »

I remember Linking back to the Nexus through that panel the last time I was in the Messengers' Pub. So it seems the outgoing Link to the Nexus works, only the incoming Link from the Nexus is the issue.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Yeah, the Nexus book itself works in the pub, it's just the podium stand's ability to link up with the KI. The actual reader/interface mechanisms is intact now, thanks to Patrick's work, just the Lattice work that serves as the functional backbone of the connection hardware to the overall Lattice Server was broken/cracked/fragmented.

It's the D'ni tech equivalent of needing to replace the adapter to the WIFI Antenna on a computer, I think? Like, the antenna works, but the bit that connects the antenna to everything else is busted, or something like that. I'll be honest I'm nowhere near the Tech Whiz with this stuff that Laxman is. I'm having to make inferred guesses based on old notes and my own technical experience and experimentation.

All I know is something in the terminal was completely broken into pieces, and I really need to find a replacement part for it. I think I have a plan to source the needed parts from another Nexus Terminal station if I can find one that isn't in use. I'll start poking around suspected store houses for such things.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Had an experiment idea: Tried to seal up the broken lattice parts, and tried slotting it into the Nexus Terminal.

It did not succeed. Electricity arced over the damage. I definitely need a fresh replacement part.

Patrick, Kelsei mentioned you were going to message Laxman? Thanks, if you can get me the parts. Also, if you can pass it along, Carl Palmner says hi to Laxman, in some transient double messenger reacharound way. Apparently they chatted back in the day.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Calum. We are having *words* about you trying things without proper supervision.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Uhhhh.... okay?
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Got word that the replacement part for the Nexus terminal in the Pub came in. It may be a couple days (Or maybe a week) before I can get to it, what with the AGM coming up this weekend, but once I verify it's intact and I can install it, I'll give it a push sometime soon.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-