Driving Me Up a Wall... (Gahreesen Wall Thread)

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Traveler263

Driving Me Up a Wall... (Gahreesen Wall Thread)

Post by Traveler263 »

I plan on making a formal announcement at the AGM today, but in summary, I can confirm that last night we had the first round of major test runs on the Gahreesen Wall. There's still some technical and mechanical issues to sort out, but, well...

I think it's time to make a thread to keep folks appraised on general progress, atleast. Build some hype as it were. ;)
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Jules Lavisham

Re: Driving Me Up a Wall... (Gahreesen Wall Thread)

Post by Jules Lavisham »

I applaud your restraint at not making an obvious Pink Floyd reference out of the thread title, Cal.

This is also excellent news. The Wall was a little bit before my time, and stepping up my fitness regime is something on this year's New Years Resolutions list for me. Will be keeping an eye on how this one progresses.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

I assure you I don't know at all what you're talking about, Jules! :P

Yes, it's quite the workout! I love the Maintainer Suits- danged good at their job at protecting the wearer. I fell down that danged Wall many times the other night. Hazado was very sneaky about his blocker placement! XD
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Hazado

Post by Hazado »

Traveler263 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:44 pm Hazado was very sneaky about his blocker placement! XD
You could have just stopped at very sneaky XD!
Will be glad when we have ironed out the bugs with the nexus elevators. Do not like having to climb out of the pit you arrive in to get back into Gahreesen.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Hazado wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:03 pm
Traveler263 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:44 pm Hazado was very sneaky about his blocker placement! XD
You could have just stopped at very sneaky XD!
Will be glad when we have ironed out the bugs with the nexus elevators. Do not like having to climb out of the pit you arrive in to get back into Gahreesen.
Oops >>; I probably could have yes, lol.

Yes, that, and the strange loop we had where I got stuck in the suit machine and had to Relto out. Those are definite 'need to get resolved' tech issues. I just finished climbing a wall, I don't need to climb ANOTHER! XP
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Some quick testing done today- elevator still refuses to work. Gotta wonder what the heck is wrong with those mechanisms. Might be some power relay failure? Honestly, we might just have to get that thing locked upright if we can't get power restored.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

How goes the Wall testing? Made any progress on those Elevators yet?
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Funny you should ask. Haz and I just finished another test run, and it looks like we've sorted out the Elevator issues and gotten them fully operational! Now to just iron out all the other issues involved in this relic of D'ni tech. :mrgreen:
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Hazado

Post by Hazado »

The chute into the wall climbing area did not like more than one person going through without a cooldown period.
We are still trying to get them repaired, so more people can get into each of the wall sessions.
I believe I found the correct wires to get everything working correctly, but getting enough people together to test them has been a little slow going. The surface interferes regularly!
I also think with Briggs getting stuck in the chute might have left him a little shaken. Hopefully he will continue to help us test after that debacle. Took more than a few minutes to get him out of the chute once we were able to get it turned off.

At least the elevator in the Gahreesen Nexi seems to be working correctly now. Hopefully it wont malfunction when multiple people try to get into the same Nexi. Seems like everything else wants to have issues with my tinkering when more than just me and Calum are involved :P
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Poor Briggs! I hope he's alright!
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.