Driving Me Up a Wall... (Gahreesen Wall Thread)

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Hazado

Re: Driving Me Up a Wall... (Gahreesen Wall Thread)

Post by Hazado »

Finally got myself to a wifi connection to post.
Ive been scouring the facilities for more damage since it decided to restart on us during that installation for the new sounds.
All I really found after you turned off the KI Machine upstairs is the small platform in the middle of the room seems to be rotating. I think this might be a linking point for the Maintainers to quickly get into the facility. I need to go back into the DRC storage crates and see if I cant find a linking book that might work.
So far the rest of the Wall area seems to be functioning reasonably well. We might have it ready for cavern use in a month or two.

I believe I found the short in the elevator. Didn't like multiple people in the room for some reason.
Ive rewired it so its functioning correctly now. No more getting stuck in the bottom after someone leaves the nexus.
Still creepy how the elevator sucks the suit parts off you when you arrive. Maintainers have some awesome tech. :o
Not sure how the suit gets back to Gahreesen. :?
So far we haven't run out of them in the Chute drops, so obviously its doing it somehow.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Wait, is that the same room the KI machine is? How the heck did I miss that? Unless it started up after I shut down the KI machine? Bluh. Gahreesen. Still, good eye on that.

Personally I'd wager we could probably nail it down with two or three weeks of concentrated testing- maybe a few quick tournaments beween folks? Well, it's a victory, to say the least.

Yeah, not sure how the heck that works. The applying or removing. I always seem to black out a little during the process- not sure if that's just me or if the Suit applicators are actually doing something...

Though, do you reckon I should see a doctor if that voided vision persists after linking into the Maintainer Nexus and having the suit pulled off? I think I've had a few spells where It takes a few seconds for my vision to come back- or maybe it's just my eyes adjusting to the dark?
Calum Traveler - KI# 34810
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Kelsei A. Taylor

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Calum. Do I *Need* To say it?
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

No, no, you don't.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Drewsko

Post by Drewsko »

Excited to see this development play out. Don't know if I'd be any good at any games or whatnot arranged here but should be fun to experience once or twice.

Can't help but admit too that the prospect of finally gaining access to the Maintainer's Suit again is just as exciting as the Wall itself (assuming a reliable way to get out of the Wall chamber with it is possible). I've missed wearing it despite how cramped and stuffy the helmet could be. Sometimes when revisiting the facility I've been tempted to try on the heavier suits still left in the "display" rooms, but I've never found a way to get the "armor" suit parts off the wall or find the hatch on the environmental suit/capsule thing. Probably for the best since I'd probably break either them or myself in the process.
"...In Books, and Ages, and life... the ending can never truly be written."
KI ID: 01379057
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Anything like this is worth experiencing atleast once- but speaking personally I can foresee this being a huge tournament draw- especially once we get some easy access points in outside of Relto or Nexus sharing.

We have some ideas for a Tournament mode type reward mechanism (Mainly just telling the desuiting mechanism to not disassemble the suit on arrival), but we'll see if we implement it or not. Some folks are understandably hesitant to let the suits out in the open given how durable the things are and what trouble they might cause if misused, meanwhile others are practically begging me to wear one at all times going forwards.

Yeah, I think those older suits in the suit rooms are display/museum models.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-
Traveler263

Post by Traveler263 »

Resurrecting this thread to announce we had our first Wall Tournament today, and all went rather well, beyond some strange lagtime on the console inputs. Guessing the system was chugging keeping track of all the KIs present.

Hoping we can get that sorted out, plus some public access, in the future for future tournaments.
-Traveler's Cavern Log-