CONTACT FROM BENAVUD

Discussions for life in the Cavern and the restoration of D'ni and its Ages.
Jules Lavisham

CONTACT FROM BENAVUD

Post by Jules Lavisham »

I've just received a KI message from Benavud. He's asked me to pass along to everyone that he is safe and in good health, and that he's sorry to all of us for disappearing as he did.

He also says that he's going to be back in about two weeks, and that he has something important he needs to talk to the explorer community about.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Kelsei A. Taylor

Re: CONTACT FROM BENAVUD

Post by Kelsei A. Taylor »

Well, that's a relief! I was getting a tad worried about him.
Kelsei A.T. KI# 10581205
---
Exotic Language Translator/Decoder.
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

He's back! I ran into him while spelunking around D'ni. I told him he really needs to talk to the explorer community, because we've been worried about him. He responded that he's already planning to. In fact, he asked me to spread the word that he'll be in the Great Tree Bevin on Monday, KI 1300. I tried to find out what the "something important" is, but he just shook his head and said he doesn't want to repeat it over and over, and that he'll talk about it on Monday.

No idea what this is about, but I'm glad he's okay.
Jules Lavisham

Post by Jules Lavisham »

After a quick meetup in the Pub, we headed to the Great Tree Hood. And, true to his word, Benavud appeared.

He had a lot to say.
Prof. Jules Lavisham, Lecturer in Classical Civilisations
KI# 09687370 - Twitter
Dni_seeker 5

Post by Dni_seeker 5 »

OH MY GOD.

"THE LOST SON"?

As in "the SON of the LOST empire"?

Did they know? About the prophecy? That their "son" was the chosen one? Oh my God...

Ben has no idea what is going on around him. If his parents knew about the Prophecy of the Two Trees, we are REALLY in for it this time.

There is absolutely NO WAY that Ben is NOT the son of the lost empire.
Carl Palmner

Post by Carl Palmner »

Well, the Saturday Prophecies didn't happen until much later, after Benavud's parents were dead, so I don't see how they could have known.

I'm inclined to not put too much stock in Madame Sophia's prophecy. True, some of it appears to be accurate--if we assume the "two trees" are the New Seed and True Seed, respectively, and it does make sense that "son of the lost empire" would refer to Ben. But it also talked about Ben having to choose between the trees, and as far as I can tell, that never happened. In fact, all intelligence indicates that the True Seed is more or less gone now. It seems the "Most Wanted" and Ami were the only members. The leader is critically injured, at least three have (it seems) rejected the group and its philosophies, and the other two are in the wind.

It's possible Sophia saw a future that MIGHT happen, but due to free will and the actions of explorers, that future changed. It's hard to know with future predictions. At any rate, I think anything that was going to be fulfilled has been. Given Sophia's reaction to the cavern air, I doubt we'll see her again. It was an interesting occurrence, but probably not as significant as we once thought.

I'm more interested in Echo's vision that day. Did anyone catch what Ben said about his father? He escaped from the AeGura theater during the Fall, with help. Sounds a lot like Echo's vision.